Saturday, August 22, 2009

Mowing, Markets and Marvelous Worship!

Well, today started early, Phil mentioned something about the field needing to be mowed and I volunteered. I got up at six and went with Phil to get the mower from the worship leader's house. I got half of the field finished before the mower had enough and ran out of gas, but that was a good thing in that I could then go have a wonderful feast for breakfast.

Here we are trying to get the mower running properly.

After breakfast we tried to get the mower running properly but it needed more than I had time for, so someone else took over the mower rebuild while I tended to my regular task of leading the Project Christmas Child shoe box renovation project. We all worked on cleaning and repacking shoe boxes until around eleven then we had some tourist activities to take part in, so we packed up and went to the market.

This little shop was crammed with little figurines.

The market is a busy place with an amazing amount of shops and people all crammed into a small area, and the experience will not likely leave my memory. We each purchased some trinkets and various items to take home as gifts. After the market we went back to the house and had lunch, another amazing meal.

After lunch we went back to the church to resume the shoe box project, some people worked on the cleaning and repacking while Jim and I took over re packing the room with the cases of already completed shoe boxes. The one group went through at least fifty or so cases and we moved a few hundred cases back into the room dedicated to the storage of these life changing shoe boxes. As soon as we finished re packing the room it was time for dinner, so we went back to the house and had some delicious home made pizza.

After dinner we got ready and went to the night service on the field. We walked down there to find people had already set most everything up and the only thing left for us to do was sit and wait for service to begin. The service started by exciting the people with some music played through the speakers set up near the stage. Then, some talented people got on stage, prayed, and began to play music themselves. This was easily one of the most interesting services I have attended, I couldn't understand everything I was hearing, but it was outstanding. My favorite portion of the service was hearing Betty, Barry, and Mike's unprepared sharing of God in their lives.

Here they are getting nervous.

The fire was huge, the music was loud, the people were friendly, and the Holy Spirit was speaking. After it was all over, the clean up went by quickly and my turn to blog came fast.

No one could get any closer than about eight feet away without getting a first degree burn!

I have really enjoyed giving every ounce of my energy over to the will and service of God and oh how He has blessed me.

Thanks for reading what I have written.

A Follower of Christ,

Joseph B. Keleher

This represents about half of the people that were at the service.

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure this picture with the lawn mower is why we have gardeners...Miss you dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this line from your blog:
    "The fire was huge, the music was loud, the people were friendly, and the Holy Spirit was speaking."
    Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I did not know that was you speaking, until I read your name- how awesome. I love reading your blogs! :) What an awesome man of God you are Joseph! I love you!

    ReplyDelete